Monday, May 17, 2010

Party at Ruffy's House

Well, the English department of EHS decided that we needed a party to celebrate the end of the school year. I think this was just an excuse to see me -they must have missed my sparkling personality since I have been gone on maternity leave! I don't understand why the rest of my department doesn't do what I did - just have babies in April, and then take the rest of the school year off for an extended summer vacation!
Anyway, Dave Ruff, the head of the department, and his wife, Kate, who works with Greg at the hospital, were kind enough to open their home to us yesterday for a great little get-together. The thing about the English department that everyone has to remember is that we are fun. F-U-N! We tend to all be talkative loudmouths - imagine that! - and when you throw our spouses into the mix, look out! You definitely have yourself a party! We had a great time talking, catching up, and showing off new babies. There were three new babies this year in our department - all were born from January to April! Needless to say, we were a little bit of a rowdy bunch. Thanks so much to Dave and Kate, and to everyone else in the department - Greg and I had a ton of fun with you guys. We wouldn't expect anything else. It is wonderful for me to call my co-workers some of my closest friends. Well, except for you, Ruffy! :)
-Steph



The department with kids and spouses - we are a pretty good-looking group!

Dave with all the little ones - he looks like he is enjoying himself!

My wonderful English friends - minus a couple.


Dave and Kate had Mitch 19 years ago, then there was a drought. Suddenly, we have a ton of kids who belong to English department members. Poor Mitch was a willing participant in the picture I am sure we will all laugh about for years to come! By the way, 50% of the kids in this picture belong to Nathan and Steph Gannaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment