Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day



Today we celebrated our first Mother's Day as a family. We started the morning by attending 9:15 mass. Well, that's what time mass started; we arrived a few minutes after that. Apparently, it takes three people exponentially longer to get ready than just two. We lucked out and found a seat in the last pew, giving us a great escape route in case of meltdowns. Luckily, I only had to leave with Katie once. Besides that incident, she was great.


After mass ended, we decided we would attempt another family first: eating in a restaurant. Steph and I felt like we were pressing our luck, but we gave it a shot. Brunch at the Hilton was great and Katie was a hit there.



I just want to say thank you to Stephanie. She has caught on very quickly and is a wonderful mom. Katie and I are very lucky to have her. Also, thanks Terri and Becky. You both have been very helpful during these first three weeks of parenthood.

Happy Mother's Day

-Greg



1 comment:

  1. Happy Mother's Day to Steph! I am so excited that you have this blog! I will check back regularly to see how Miss Katie is doing. I agree with what Greg commented; Steph does appear to have eased into Motherhood - it suits her very well!! Congrats to you both.

    ReplyDelete