Thursday, May 13, 2010

Out and About

Katie and I have had some time on our hands now that we have settled into a little bit of a routine. I am now used to carrying her wherever I go, as well as about 17 tons of her stuff. I have braved trips only to the other side of Effingham by myself, but it helps my sanity to be a little more mobile than we have been lately. So far, we have made it to Weber's Jewelry in T-town, Over the Moon, a children's store in downtown Effingham, the bank, the post office, St. Anthony Parish Center and yesterday we had lunch at the Effingham Country Club. Katie is always so well-behaved in public, and she has not had any meltdowns outside of the house. Usually, she looks like this:


Or this:


Or this:



Her good behavior, however, has not stopped me from being nervous that a meltdown is going to happen from the moment I leave the house until we pull back into the driveway! I guess I will have to wait until one of our later trips for her to start wailing in public - and, Katie, just so you know, you can wait as long as you want for that to happen. Mom is content with you being the charming, cute baby you are to everyone you meet!
- Steph

Happy one-month birthday to my little girl; you are exactly four weeks old today!

1 comment:

  1. She's way too adorable to have meltdowns. Now, mom, you know you're exagerating!

    ReplyDelete